EYFS Class Teacher (NQT)
Main Pay Scale
Contract Type: Full Time Closing Date: Friday 30th April 2021
Contract Term: Permanent Job Start: 1st September 2021
Campsbourne School is an oversubscribed two form entry primary school serving a socio economically and ethnically diverse community within the London borough of Haringey. Families at our school are ethnically diverse and represent some 30 countries from around the globe, and speak at least 28 different languages. This diversity is reflected in our curriculum which provides children with opportunities such as the Windrush in Year 2; early Turkish civilizations in Year 5 and key scientists such as Elis Widdowson and Ron Headley to name a few. We believe it is our diversity and commitment to equalities which makes Campsbourne a special place to learn and work.
We have imaginative, creative and enthusiastic children, whose parents are keen to work in partnership with the school and our dedicated teaching staff, to ensure they receive the best education we can provide and which they deserve.
We are fortunate to be located on the boarders of Alexandra Palace Park and have substantial grounds which include a swimming pool, gymnasium, sensory room and a school garden for Forest School.
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding teacher who will join our dedicated team in our drive to raise attainment and increase enrichment for all pupils across the school. We are an equal opportunities employer and are fully committed to ensuring staff, children and the school community contribute to creating an inclusive environment. We welcome applications from people from all backgrounds, genders, abilities and ethnicities.
We can offer excellent training and career development, and a commitment to staff wellbeing.
We strongly encourage applications from all ethnicities, genders, age ranges and sexualities as we want to build a staff team which reflects the diversity of the community it serves.
We are seeking to appoint a person who:
• Is committed to being an outstanding practitioner.
• Is committed to their professional development with high standards and expectations of themselves and the children.
• Is committed to ensuring achievement for all through equal access and opportunity and aspiration for all children.
• Is ambitious and energetic, with a passion for learning and creativity who will go the extra mile.
• Has excellent interpersonal social skills and qualities to innovate in the classroom.
• Has the ability to work in a way that promotes the safety and wellbeing of children and young people.
• Is able to who work well within a hardworking and supportive staff team.
We can offer you:
• A supportive, collegiate and hardworking team
• Enthusiastic, friendly children with a love of learning
• High quality professional development opportunities
• An inclusive school with a ‘can do’ ethos
• Strong ambitious leadership with a clear sense of strategic direction
• Supportive parents and governors.
• Excellent transport links (Walking distance, through a park, to Alexandra Palace Train Station and close to Wood Green / Turnpike Lane on the Piccadilly Line
• Campsbourne Primary School and the local authority are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of
children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share and demonstrate this commitment
• The successful candidate will have to meet the requirements of the person specification and will be subject to pre-employment checks including a health check, an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
• Campsbourne Primary School actively promotes the core British Values defined by the Department for Education as: democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs
• The school is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to the promotion of equal opportunities and diversity.
To apply please contact Jonathan Smith for an application pack. Candidates are required to complete an application form and write a statement which demonstrates how they meet the Person Specification. Completed application forms should be sent to Jonathan Smith.
Email: [email protected]
Tel: 020 83402064
Closing Date: Friday 30th April 2021
Interviews: Week Beg 3rd May 2021
Privacy Notice for Job Applicants