Specialist Teacher for Computing and Digital Learning
MPS/UPS + TLR2a (£2,873) – Outer London
0.8 or Full Time (negotiable)
Possible R&R payment for move from Inner London school
Raglan is a Federation of Raglan Infant School (including nursery) and Raglan Junior School with 930 pupils across the schools. Both schools are “Good” led by a single Headteacher, Leadership Team and Governing Body.
Raglan is a 4 form Infant and Junior Federation with a forward-thinking vision. With G Suite already embedded into everyday life and a growing range of kit including Chromebooks, iPads, iMacs, we are looking for someone to help us to use technology more effectively and develop an exciting and challenging curriculum experience for all pupils.
This is likely to be someone’s dream job, teaching solely the computing curriculum across the primary phase, ensuring the curriculum embeds and builds upon key skills. We are looking for someone who is passionate about computing, with excellent subject knowledge and a passion to make all pupils love computing. However, the role is more than teaching, as we are looking for someone who can also coach and support staff and build their confidence, ensuring other subjects use technology to make learning exciting. In conclusion we are looking for someone who knows that technology isn’t the answer to everything, but knows how to use it to good effect.
Our pupils are hungry to learn and in the right hands could do great things with technology. They would thrive in extra-curricular opportunities and opportunities to link with other subjects for special projects and events.
· Develop a vision and computing curriculum for Raglan
· Support staff in EYFS with computing and technology
· Teach computing across Key Stage 1 and 2
· Lead on G Suite for Education including training of staff
· Using technology to enhance the curriculum.
· Develop opportunities for linking subjects including STEM
· Run extra-curricular activities for computing
· Line manage the IT Technician and apprentice
· Advise and support with purchasing
· Help maintain the school website and other social media
· An excellent teacher with primary experience
· Strong knowledge of the Computing curriculum
· An innovator ready to inspire and lead others
· A coach and trainer
· Knowledgeable about G Suite and/or Apple
· A team player
The Raglan Schools offers:
· A central location within Enfield with good transport links including rail
· Two spacious and well-resourced schools with one IT Room (Mac) Class set of iPads
· Chromebooks in all classrooms (Years 2-6)
· Teachers have Macbook or Chromebook
· 930 keen and enthusiastic pupils from a range of backgrounds
· A welcoming team of staff and governors
· A supportive school leadership team including Headteacher who is a Google Trainer
· Professional development and opportunities to develop your skills.
This is a new post, so will likely evolve and develop. The successful candidate will join four other specialist teachers at Raglan and this will be our fourth specialist subject in addition to Music, PE and Art. This is our curriculum offer to pupils whilst their class teachers have quality time with their team.
If you are interested in the post and would like to apply please click here: https://enfieldjobs-edu.engageats.co.uk/Vacancies/W/6514/0/288816/20253/specialist-teacher-for-computing-and-digital-learning-the-raglan-schools/Referral
Applications should be submitted online by Thursday 18th March 2021 (12 Noon). This should also include a supporting statement or letter (maximum 2 sides) referring to the person specification.
We are unable to accommodate visits under the current lockdown, but will have some virtual sessions for you to join online or you can arrange an informal discussion with the Deputy or Head Teacher. Details can be found on our website. For any enquiries, please contact Emma at [email protected]
All schools and services in Enfield are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and anyone applying to work in our schools is expected to share this commitment.
We follow safer recruitment practice and appointments are subject to satisfactory DBS certification and references.