Part-time School Support Leader (School Business Manager)
Full time 52 weeks – Salary scale: PO3/4 £37,722 – £39876 (point depending on experience)
Part-time 14hrs a week, Permanent or temporary 2-year contract available.
Start date: ASAP
Apply by: 8th October 2021 by 9am
The part-time School Business Manager position is for Muswell Hill Primary School.
Headteacher: Mandi Howells
School Website: http://muswellhillprimary.co.uk/
MHPS is a friendly, community-focused school so you must be a flexible team player with a positive ‘can do’ approach. The part-time School Business Manager, will work collaboratively with the finance officer and office manager managing the school’s budget and administrative and premises staff team.
We are seeking an inspirational, creative and highly organised school support leader. Working with the senior leadership team and administrative team, you will contribute to the strategic direction of the school and take responsibility for the operational management of the school finances. Leading a small team of support staff, you will ensure the day-to-day management of the school’s HR, site and premises services, catering and parental engagement.
Key to this role will be your previous experience of providing high level administrative support, budgetary management (preferably a competent knowledge of RM Integris) and leading and motivating a team. You will have substantial knowledge of management practice and legislation relating to finance, payroll and pensions, and a comprehensive understanding of safeguarding and Safer Recruiting.
Above all, you will have a relentless drive for excellence and the desire to continue making our school a warm and friendly environment for staff, pupils and families.
About Our School
Muswell Hill Primary School is an outstanding two form entry school in the heart of the Muswell Hill community. Our popular and highly oversubscribed two-form entry school is situated minutes from Muswell Hill Broadway, adjoining Alexandra Palace Park.
We are committed to a creative and inclusive approach to learning that has consistently produced high standards of attainment. Our welcoming, happy children come from a diverse community. Our parents are extremely supportive and committed to the ethos of the school. We have achieved rights respecting school status and are working towards level 2.
We work hard to ensure that our children and their families have access to the very best educational opportunities and support. We constantly strive to improve and develop our practice, looking for innovative ways to ensure our children are able to learn and grow. We have developed excellent relationships within our school community and beyond, based on mutual respect and trust. Consequently, our school is a very happy place to be and the children’s attitudes and learning behaviours reflect this.
If you feel that Muswell Hill Primary School reflects your own vision and values for education, you are welcome to apply.
Muswell Hill Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to pre-employment checks. References will be sought and successful candidates will need to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
The role will include:
- Line managing the Finance Officer to oversee income, expenditure and reconciliations of school accounts
- Being involved in budget preparation and budget monitoring, quarterly and Year End Finance (including SFVS)
- Line managing the Office Manager to ensure that HR is effective in dealing with recruitment, DBS checks and personnel records undertaken by the Office Manager
- Monitoring effective practice for payroll returns and reconciliations
- Leading on procurement as necessary
- Managing capital projects, site maintenance, health and safety procedures
- Reporting to governors
- Leading on and monitoring GDPR policies and procedures and line managing the administrative communications officer
- Overseeing the monitoring of staff and pupil’s attendance is effective
- Line managing the Premises Officer to oversee all health and safety practices
- Leading on lettings management during the school holidays and ensuring term time lettings are effectively procured, and producing an analysis of engagement of key groups
- Managing grant applications to support the school’s SDIP
- Being involved in strategic development of the school’s SDIP
We are seeking:
- A highly skilled, suitably qualified, experienced and forward-thinking professional
- A person who has experience of working within an education environment
- A person with experience of school systems for example: FMS, RM Integris and HR
- An experienced individual who has a real commitment to the latest trends and developments in School Business Management
- An organised person with proven financial management and communication skills
- A willingness to be fully involved in the life of our school
As our Business Manager you will have:
- Leadership, financial experience and management of areas including Premises, Health and Safety, Administration, Facilities and HR
- A recognised business qualification such as CSBM or other relevant professional qualification or can demonstrate equivalent experience
- A high level of drive and motivation with the ability to motivate others
- The ability to contribute significantly to the strategic vision and direction of the school
- A proactive approach to school business development
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Good interpersonal skills to effectively liaise with different stake holders and service providers
- Efficiency and the ability to innovate
- The ability to demonstrate flexibility, teamwork and a commitment to the school values and mission statement
- We do not accept applications from agencies
How to apply:
- It is essential that you complete the school application form attached below.
- School Business Manager Qualification is preferable or equivalent qualification
Closing date: @ 8th October 2021 9am
Please submit your application form to: [email protected]
Declaration of Criminal Record