TEACHING SCHOOL ALLIANCES – EXPERTISE ACROSS A NETWORK OF SCHOOLS
There are a number of Teaching School Alliances in Haringey working in partnership with schools locally and further afield.
A Teaching School Alliance is led by a teaching school and includes schools that are benefiting from support, as well as alliance deliverers who lead some aspects of training and development.
Teaching Schools identify, develop and co-ordinate expertise for the benefit of pupils across a network of schools, resulting in:
- Improved pupil outcomes
- Support for schools in challenging circumstances
- Increased number of schools rated as securely Good or Outstanding by Ofsted
- Support for a self-improving and sustainable system
Teaching schools have an important role to play in a school-led system and school improvement. Teaching schools are centres of excellence, taking a more focused role that prioritises:
Coordinating and providing high-quality school-led initial teacher training (ITT).
Providing high-quality school-to-school support to spread excellent practice, particularly to schools that need it most.
Providing evidence-based professional and leadership development for teachers and leaders across their network.
So that a self-improving, school-led system is at the heart of this work, teaching schools champion the following principals:
- Each teaching school alliance effectively delivers across all 3 areas of core activity: ITT; continuing professional development (CPD) and leadership development; school-to-school support.
- In order to ensure credibility and high impact of all teaching schools, they must adhere to requirements set by NCTL and co-operate with necessary reporting processes.
System leadership and engagement
- Teaching schools build an effective alliance of schools, and work strategically with other schools and providers within their regional and sub-regional networks to ensure every school can engage in school-led improvement.
- Each teaching school is required to pursue continuous improvement supported by the peer review process in order to develop and achieve/sustain maturity of provision.
You can find out more about the 3 Teaching School Alliances in Haringey by clicking on their tabs and in the CPD section of the HEP website