Raising the Achievement of Black Caribbean Pupils: Barriers to Learning and Good Practice
The course will explore in detail the barriers to learning and good practice in succesful schools to raise the achievement of Black Caribbean pupils. It looks to answer, in detail, a number of questions that are useful for schools including:
- What does your school and national data tell us about the achievement of Black Caribbean pupils?
- What are the reasons and factors for underachievement?
- What are the success factors in raising achievement of Black Caribbean Pupils?
- What are the implications for your school to close the gap?
Target audience: Headteachers and governors
The Format of the Session: The session is interactive, and includes presentations, practical exercise, and question and answer times and open discussion. At the end of the sessions, participants will:
- Know the factors that contribute to underachievement.
- Know the factors that contribute to raising the achievement.
- Know proven targeted interventions and strategies to raise achievement.
REGISTRATION FOR THIS COURSE HAS NOW CLOSED.
Trainer: Feyisa Demie
Day 1: 10 March, 2020
Start time: 09:30 a.m.
End time: 12:30 p.m.
Venue: Haringey Education Partnership, Hornsey School for Girls, Inderwick Rd, Crouch End, London N8 9JF
Phone: 0203 9675100
Email: [email protected]