Speaker: Sue Cave
About the speaker
Sue Cave Sue is an independent primary languages consultant for Cave Languages with more than 20 years experience of teaching
languages in primary schools. She was the former Primary MFL adviser for Wokingham LA. She delivers CPD language training fo r h er own company and coordinates the local ALL primary language support group. She is the author of primary language resource books and co author of ‘Physical French Phonics’.
- Examine the inclusion of phonics as a key element in foreign language scheme of work design
- Consider the importance of the explicit teaching of phonics in foreign language lessons
- Explain a method and process of teaching phonics in a primary classroom
- Demonstrate classroom activities to teach phonics (examples in French but suitable for other languages)
- Suggest ways to get started in teaching phonics in primary school
You must log into your account to book this course. For account information, contact Niall Ross (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Day 1: 5 October, 2020
Start time: 09:30 a.m.
End time: 11:00 a.m.