Closing the Achievement Gap: What Really Works?
This session looks into what the data tells us about the achievement gap including good practice in addressing educational inequality for disadvantaged and BAME pupils. It looks to answer, in detail, a number of questions that are useful for governors including:
- What does the data tell us about the achievement gap for:
- Disadvantaged pupils?
- EAL pupils?
- BAME pupils?
- What does research tell us about what works in closing the achievement gap?
- What are the effective intervention strategies to raise achievement?
- What are the implications for addressing education inequality in your school?
Target audience: School Leaders and Governors
The Format of the Session: The session is interactive, and includes presentations, a practical exercise, question and answer times and open discussion. At the end of the sessions, participants will:
- Know what the data tell us about the gap.
- Know the factors that contribute to closing the gap.
- Know proven targeted interventions and strategies.
Trainer: Feyisa Demie
Day 1: 3 March, 2020
Start time: 09:30 a.m.
End time: 12:30 p.m.
Venue: Haringey Education Partnership, Hornsey School for Girls, Inderwick Rd, Crouch End, London N8 9JF
Phone: 0203 9675100