HEP supports ITT through its partner teaching schools.
Our teaching school alliances, SCITT, Teach First and other ITT institutions ensure students are exceptionally well trained. HEP has established a newly qualified teacher (NQT) pool to ensure our newest teachers are recruited to our schools. In partnership with recruitment experts, HEP member schools also have access to a central data base of previously vetted NQTs who have been trained in HEP member schools.
NQT Support and Induction
HEP is commissioned by Haringey Council to act as the ‘appropriate body’ (AB) for the induction of NQTs in line with national statutory guidance. The AB functions are carried out by our highly experienced HEP NQT induction coordinator and administrative staff.
The AB is neutral and provides impartial advice to both NQTs and schools. Our services are designed to support schools with this process and we offer additional guidance as required.
- We provide schools with assurance that schools are aware of, and capable of meeting, their responsibilities for induction
- Our service supports schools to maintain suitable records of NQTs progress through NQT manager
- Our assessment is fair and consistent across all institutions
- We provide named contacts within our service to support schools with the induction process
- All NQT courses and professional development are included in the HEP CPD package or can be purchased on a course by course basis
To purchase the AB function for your NQTs
For further information contact Fay Jackson – [email protected]