Unleash the collective capacity in our schools for the maximum benefit of our children, utilising and building upon existing school to school support structures, such as Network Learning Communities and Teaching School Alliances.
Ensure schools have an accurate understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of their data which will support SEF and SIP/SDP writing.
- Analysis of school data, comparisons with local and national data – annual report across all phases.
- Annual data school profiles (bespoke as requested).
- Access to data reports which support leaders to be able to quickly make comparisons between schools, NLC and national data sets.
- Access to expert advice in regards to data.
- Access to discounted bespoke training with regards to data analysis.
- 1 data workshop for leaders of all phases including sessions for Governors.
- Access to an open and transparent RAG rating system which enables the system to make an early identification of issues arising and to know where its strengths are.
- Target setting advice and challenge.
Improvement Partners made up of a small team of central staff and highly qualified contractors or Heads.
- Annual Health Check visit from Improvement Partner (IP) to provide challenge in relation to school data comparing; to local and national, all, groups etc.
- Termly visits for ‘schools causing concern’ or schools in the OFSTED window – 4th year after inspection.
- Annual Validation of SEF – challenge to school’s own judgements using data, plus information received from any peer challenge reports.
- Support and validation of Schools Development Plan priorities. (Desktop).
- Annual website compliance checks.
- Annual Safeguarding compliance check. (Half day visit).
- Annual Validation of SEF – challenge to school’s own judgements using data, plus information received from any peer challenge reports (desk top)
- Support and validation of School Development Plan priorities (Desk top)
- Annual Website compliance checks (Desk top)
- Annual Safeguarding compliance check (half day visit).
Primary delivery mechanism for school to school support, joint working on local priorities and the engagement with local communities.
- Membership of an NLC and access to joint working on local priorities.
- Membership of a school peer challenge group at a reduced cost (e.g. SPP).
- Support for new HTs – via a ‘buddy system’ alongside tailored workshops.
- Access to subject leader networks – led by schools within NLCs.
- Secondary, Primary and Post 16, Special schools network across the partnership.
- Access to joint moderation opportunities – NLC or cluster led with specific groups for Secondary, Primary and Post 16, Special schools and Nursery.
- Access to a brokerage function for school to school support as required- within an agreed protocol and payment structure.
- Access to an application for contingency funds if school should find itself requiring intense school improvement support.
Ensure schools in the organisation have access to high quality CPD, research and development opportunities.
- HEP will keep the very best CPD that is already of offer which schools value and build on this further using best practice from across the partnership and from our teaching Schools Alliances.
- Access to a system to trade their school’s own CPD with other schools in the partnership.
Phase and setting specific monthly meetings and half termly breakfast briefings will be delivered to keep Headteachers up to speed with:
• Ofsted updates
• DfE developments
• Statutory duties
• CPD opportunities
• Budget and finance updates
• Curriculum updates
• Safeguarding updates
• Legal updates and HR
• Governance updates
• Health and Safety
Ensuring member schools have high quality Governing Bodies who are well supported through advice and training.
- Access to Governor support section of website – Chairs of Governors provided with timely information and updates via e forum.
- Support to complete self-evaultion.
- Access to a high quality pool of Governors.
- Access for governors to a discounted quality CPD programme and annual conference.
- Access to a discounted quality clerking services.
Heads can recruit high quality NQTs to the local partnership giving schools access to a central database of vetted NQTs.
- Access to an NQT pool – Primary and Secondary.
- Exploration into Special and Post 16 service.
- Access to high quality discounted NQT training programme.
- Promotion and advertisement of vacancies and jobs in school via HEP website and relevant publications.
- Access to discounted rates for supply teachers from preferred provider.
An advice hotline will ensure that all Headteachers can receive timely advice and signposting if issues arise, including:
- Leadership and Management