We strongly believe that a good Clerk can play an important part in ensuring that governing bodies perform at their most effective.
We deliver a high quality professional Clerking service to support the efficient and effective running of governing bodies and Trust Boards. Our Clerks receive regular training on current issues to ensure they can advise and support those responsible for school governance on their statutory duties and acting in accordance with due process.
Our dedicated Clerks will know your school and adhere to the school’s high expectations.
KEY SERVICE FEATURES:
- Our Clerks will have close contact with officers in Haringey Education Partnership thereby ensuring that they are informed of current advice in relation to leadership, inspection and overall governance
- All of our Clerks attend half-termly briefings and access regular professional development to ensure that they provide up to date advice and guidance on all governance matters. Each Clerk will be offered a substantial and nationally recognised training programme with opportunities for formal accreditation
- The Clerk will actively support the administration of the governing body and will provide governors and trustees with advice and guidance on procedural and legislative matters
- Clerks will undertake administrative functions within an agreed timescale
- The clerking service is quality assured, for example we will scrutinise minutes to check for errors and issues requiring urgent attention
- We operate a high quality pool of clerks to make provision when the assigned clerk cannot attend and when an alternative clerk is required for meetings or where it is recommended that the clerk is independent from the school
OUR SERVICE IN DETAIL:
- Clerking of governing body and committee meetings and preparation and circulation of related papers
- Option to purchase clerking for extra and extraordinary meetings of the governing body
- Option to purchase clerking for further meetings as required, for example committee, disciplinary and exclusion meetings
OUR CLERKS WILL:
- Maintain a formal record system for the affairs of the governing body/trust
- Follow up and advise on queries from the Chair on procedural and legislative matters
- Receive support, guidance and formal appraisal from the Governors Services team within Haringey Education Partnership
- Have access to on-line training and to courses catering for individual clerking needs