Designed by OLEVI and facilitated by experienced school leaders and teachers, the Outstanding Teacher Programme (OTP)
gives good and outstanding teachers a set of high level skills and strategies that enable them to become consistently and
sustainably outstanding. Utilised in the London and City Challenge Projects and endorsed by the National College, the OTP
has gained a national reputation for raising standards in teaching and learning.
The programme provides teachers with:
● the ability to demonstrate higher level understanding of teaching and improve learning for their pupils
● the ability to coach colleagues and pupils in their own school and in other schools to raise performance levels
● the ability to create a proactive school culture where the quality of teaching and learning is openly observed, discussed,
challenged and enhanced
● increased professional satisfaction and opportunities for further leadership and career progression
● Provides in-depth coaching to deepen teachers’ understanding of outstanding classroom practice. Participants improve through facilitated practice activities as structured opportunities to reflect on teaching approaches and their quality and impact
● Introduces and consolidates new knowledge and skills, and focus on what makes teaching and learning outstanding
● Encourages the sharing of outstanding practice from Key Stage 1 through to Key Stage 5, making the course ideal for both Primary and Secondary teachers
● Requires learning 3s to prepare and present at an outstanding level to the whole delegate group for evaluation against DR ICE®
● Forms part the school’s professional development provision as this supports the implementation of agreed best practice and national agendas
● Provides strong input on the progression against the professional standards of excellence. This programme is crucial for teachers involved in developing Leadership in Teaching and Learning
This programme is open to teachers across every Key Stage with the potential and capacity to deliver consistently outstanding lessons, and who want to develop a mindset of excellence.
Applicants need to demonstrate:
● strong commitment to Teaching and Learning and show that they are inspiring individuals with strong interpersonal skills and who are role models for students
● some recognition that indicates that they have the ability to become outstanding teachers
● a commitment to professional development and the ability to truly reflect on their practice, including using student feedback to evaluate the impact of their teaching
● a willingness to develop their ability to influence and empower peers to excel
The programme is facilitated over a 10 week period and consists of two full days, 5 x 1/2 day sessions, plus 3 sessions of in-school practice where peer planning and observation can take place with feedback given at the following meeting.
Delegates are required to attend every session and schools will need to release two-three teachers together to allow teachers to complete collaborative in-school tasks and presentations .
|Date||Focus||Time and Place|
|Thursday 28th February (AM)||Introduction to the Course Teaching and Learning 1||9:30-12:30 Heartlands School|
|Wednesday 13th March (All day)||Teaching and Learning 2||9:30-4 Heartlands School|
|w/c 18th March||In-school Practice||By arrangement|
|Tuesday 26th March (All day)||Power of Coaching 1||9:30-4 Heartlands School|
|w/c 1st April||In-school Practice||By arrangement|
|Thursday 25th April (PM)||Power of Coaching 2||13:00-16:00 Heartlands School|
|Wednesday 8th May (PM)||Teaching and Learning 3||13:00-16:30 Heartlands School|
|w/c 13th May||In-school Practice||By arrangement|
|Tuesday 21st May AM)||Teaching and Learning 4||9:30-12:30 Heartlands School|
|Thursday 6th June (PM)||Teaching and Learning 5||13:00-16:30 Heartlands School|
Cost & Booking Information
The cost per delegate is £600
For any further information or to book your place please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Places are strictly limited to 12 delegates.